Look at this beautiful new lobster platter which is a new addition to The Fish Factory menu at only £15.50. How can you resist?
Here are some fun facts about lobsters:
- Have you ever heard of a lobster march? Hundreds, or sometimes thousands of spiny lobsters form into columns and migrate en masse. This scenario is often spotted just after a storm. It is thought that the lobsters could be seeking a better food supply or warmer water. Scientists don’t know.
- Lobsters have extremely poor eyesight, but a fantastic sense of smell! They should of gone to SpecSavers!
- Believe it or not, eating lobster was once considered a mark of poverty. Lobsters were consumed by servants, slaves and prisoners. Once upon a time, in Massachusetts, servants rebelled and forced a contract stating they would not be fed lobster more than 3 times a week.
- In the early 1800s lobsters were so common that they were simply gathered from the shore by hand. Sourced: www.thejunglestore.com
Lobster is very good for you!
- Lobster is not just delicious, it is very good for you because it has low calories, it is low in fat and low in cholesterol. Lobster is better for you than lean beef and even skinless chicken breast. Lobster is high in amino acids; potassium and magnesium; Vitamins A, B12, B6, B3 (niacin) and B2 (riboflavin); calcium and phosphorus; iron; and zinc.
- Lobster can be steamed, boiled or grilled.
- You can hypnotise a lobster before cooking him or her to reduce stress by holding its head down and rubbing it.
- Did you know that our house champagne is still only £16.50 a bottle and is delicious to drink with lobster.
- The lobster season begins on the first Monday after September and ends in April so now is the time to book to ensure you don’t miss out on this delicacy. Call 01903 207123!